Being the mother of five small-ish children, I don't tend to run in the direction of every cry I hear. There are far too many of them, and I'm generally content to let the problem come to me. This morning it was a little different, though.
Anna (5) and Lewis (3) were in the bathroom finishing a session with the toothbrushes when I heard a somewhat alarming cry, a bit of commotion, and then Anna directing in excited tones, "You stay there; I'll get Mom!" That was enough to bring me running.
When I arrived upon the scene, I observed the top half of Lewis clinging diligently to the top of the vanity, while his bottom half was in a contorted position due to the fact that the knob to a drawer had somehow made its way though the bottom of one leg of his jean shorts. His shorts had no holes that I was aware of before he put them on, but they definitely had one now.
Best I can tell, Lewis was in the process of falling off his toothbrushing perch on top of the vanity when plucked out of mid-air by the heroic drawer. The way I envision things happening, Anna kindly helped him get right side up before calling in reinforcements. Anyhow, what I do know is that the now perforated leg of the garment was so tightly wound around the drawer knob, I had to take Lewis out of his shorts in order to rectify the situation.
1 comment:
Oh Amanda, you crack me up! I love this. I can just imagine you with all those children...even though I've never actually seen you with even one. I will love to catch up with your life this way. :-)
Post a Comment