Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Maternal Instincts

There was some excitement in the master bedroom last night . . . though not the kind one would normally expect in such a room. It was the middle of the night, and I was in the middle of some sort of dream involving a baby when lo and behold, my husband rolls over or shifts around or something, and I think the baby's about to fall off the bed. (This makes even less sense when I ponder the fact that we have never kept our baby in bed with us at night.) Anyway, I did what any caring mother would do and threw my arm rather violently around the "baby" to keep it from plunging over the side. Titus let out the sort of yell you'd expect from a man who thinks he's being attacked. The unexpected maturity of his noise-making quickly brought me to my senses, and I laughed my apology. Thankfully, Titus saw the humor in the situation, too, and we laughed intermittently for about the next five minutes--which is a long time for my husband to stay awake in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

plmThanks great :-)

Anonymous said...

That's great!

I felt I needed to correct my last comment - because . . . what in the world does "plm thanks great!" mean?

Sorry about that!