Monday, February 16, 2009

A Public Apology

I recall stating several times and several ways over this past Valentine's Day season that Valentine's Day is pretty much a non-event at our house as far as Titus is concerned. Not being a high-maintenance sort of girl, it was said without bitterness, but perhaps there was an occasional hint of wistfulness over the fact that, as far as I could remember, Titus had never paid a bit of attention to the aforementioned "romantic" holiday.

My memory is so short! This evening my husband was cleaning out the back of a file drawer and unearthed a packet of his letters that I had saved. Among them were several very sweet Valentine's Day notes, the most recent dating back to 2003. I'd completely forgotten about the tradition we'd had of writing each other love notes for V-day.

The move to Searcy and the arrival of baby #3 (Lewis) happened in 2004. Self-employment began in 2005, and babies four and five (Jocelyn and Eva) came into our lives in 2006 and 2007 respectively. I think those events more than adequately explain the recent lapse in our romantic writing tradition (as well as my complete lack of memory--please forgive me, dear).

Maybe someday we'll add that element back into our relationship on a regular basis. For now we can enjoy all the walking, talking love notes we have around the house as we look forward to the newest one expected to arrive in August 2009. (Oh, and for the record, he did end up surprising me with a lovely dinner date this year!)

6 comments:

GAR said...

Congratulations!! very well put...our dear little ones as love notes to eachother. I love it!

Ruthanne said...

Aww! So, did you read back through all of them? :D

This scrapbook is created for keeping our memories alive as God allows more surprises along the way. said...

I had a feeling that there was secret Valentine romance in your household. :)

jibberish said...

Of course I read back through them all! Titus reread some of them, too, and said he was a better writer then. :-)

TW said...

I too loved the visual of our little love notes walking around us. Well put Amanda and Congratulations!!!

Kim said...

Little ones are sweet reminders of the love you share...how sweetly expressed!!!

Congratulations on another blessing from God!!! I'll be praying for this child.