Here's a handy spot I've found for purchasing cookware. The stuff they sell is of the 304 surgical stainless variety and is marketed as waterless and greaseless. We happen to like "grease," so that's not a big pull for us, but I'm slowly catching on to the waterless bit and liking it. In my opinion, their two most unique pieces are these: (1) the giant
14-inch "skillet" (a misnomer, I believe, since it's about five inches deep) with an equally large steamer basket that doubles well as an over-the-sink collander, (2) a big turkey roaster whose lid can double as a griddle (it sits over two burners on my stove). I use the former piece nearly every day, and though I've just acquired the latter and have yet to put it to its primary use, the griddle/lid has already come in handy several times. And I almost forgot to mention that you're supposed to be able to save money by using these pans like an oven on the stovetop. Stove-top cake, anyone? (I need to experiment with that feature more.) Their prices are great, and they only charge a flat $5 fee for shipping and handling. http://www.realcook.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment