Monday, June 2, 2008

A Memorable Monday




Me at the sewing machine for more than necessary mending is a rare enough event in itself. Me at the sewing machine completing a project is something well nigh miraculous. So of course it must receive a post complete with pictoral documentation.

The four oldest children celebrated Memorial Day (including the nights on either side) with my parents last Monday, so I spent the ENTIRE day putting together a quilt (term used loosely--it's one top piece and one coordinating bottom piece with batting in the middle) that folds into a pillow for Lewis. I'd made one of these curiosities about fifteen years ago in my home-economics class. Looking back, how that teacher managed to help ten or fifteen of us make those things at one time is beyond me. Anyhow, that relic had been bequeathed to Ian, who seemed to be enjoying it, so I bought material to make one for Lewis . . . a couple years ago.

And not only did I get the joy that comes with finishing a major project, but it was done in time to give to Lewis on his fourth birthday two days later. Couldn't have planned it better if I'd tried! If only I could always be so relaxed about trusting God's timing for things.

No comments: